杭州龙凤,杭州桑拿论坛,杭州楼凤夜生活

Powered by Liangn!

April, 2019

Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort among winners at Teen Choice Awards

LOS ANGELES — Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort of The Fault in Our Stars rode a victorious wave at the Teen Choice Awards.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

Related

  • PHOTOS: Stars come out for Teen Choice Awards

The actors were honoured with several prizes at Sunday’s fan-favorite extravaganza, including choice drama movie actor and breakout movie star for Elgort and choice drama and action movie actress for Divergent star Woodley. The pair was also awarded the surfboard-shaped trophy for choice movie lip-lock for their Fault in Our Stars smooch.

“I don’t surf or anything, so I guess I’m gonna put this on my wall,” said Elgort of the unique prize.

Demi Lovato kicked off the Teen Choice Awards with a performance and a win. After belting out her tune “Really Don’t Care,” the singer-actress surfed away with awards for choice summer song and choice female summer music star. Lovato used her acceptance speech to pump up the crowd of mostly roaring teenagers.

PHOTO GALLERY: Stars come out for Teen Choice Awards

“I want you guys to know that instead of just getting up here and saying a speech, every single one of you deserves to have a happy and incredible life, so be the best you can be in everything because your dreams can come true if you work hard for them,” beamed Lovato.

Teen Choice Awards co-hosts Tyler Posey of Teen Wolf and Sarah Hyland of Modern Family said 165 million votes were cast online for the 16th annual awards, which honour movies, television, music, comedy, sports, fashion and Web stars in such silly categories as choice hottie, smile and villain, which went to The Hunger Games heavy (and Canadian) Donald Sutherland.

“You named me the most villainous?” asked Sutherland, who showed up to the casual ceremony in a tuxedo. “My wife – I have been married for 42 years – my wife asked me to tell you that she agreed with you.”

Donald Sutherland, pictured at the Teen Choice Awards, tossed berries at the audience.

Getty Images

Other winners on hand to claim their trophies included Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale as choice drama TV show actress, The Hunger Games co-star Josh Hutcherson as choice sci-fi/fantasy movie actor and Bethany Mota and Tyler Oakley as choice female and male Web stars.

“You’re all amazing,” said Mota, echoing the motivational acceptance speeches from this year’s batch of winners. “You all have the potential to be what you wanna be.”

A recent water main break flooded the Teen Choice Awards’ original venue at UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion. The show was hastily moved across town to the Shrine Auditorium adjacent to the University of Southern California campus.

Zendaya, Ariana Grande and Kevin Hart were among the other stars who showed up to accept awards at the boisterous ceremony, which featured performances from Rixton and Canadian act Magic!.

“I wish there was a TelePrompTer for these (acceptance) speeches,” said The Giver actress Odeya Rush, who won the breakout star award.

Jason Derulo closed out the show with a performance of his song “Talk Dirty,” which featured the choice male summer music star winner dancing on top of a police car on stage.

with files by Global News

©2014The Associated Press

‘Ninja Turtles’ conquers box office with $65 million debut

TORONTO — Cowabunga, dude! Three decades after their comic book debut, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles raked in an estimated $65 million over the weekend to take the top spot at the box office.

The reptilian reboot starring Megan Fox and Toronto’s Will Arnett bumped last weekend’s box office champ, Guardians of the Galaxy, to second place. It earned $41.5 million in it sophomore weekend, according to studio estimates.

Guardians has so far earned $313 million worldwide.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

The first big screen Ninja Turtles adaptation opened in 1990 with $25.4 million and went on to earn over $200 million.

Paramount, the studio behind the new Ninja Turtles, announced over the weekend that a sequel will be released June 3, 2016.

Into The Storm opened in third place with $18 million. (In comparison, Twister opened in 1996 with $41 million.)

Another new entry, The Hundred-Foot Journey starring Helen Mirren and Montreal’s Charlotte Le Bon, ranked fourth with $11 million. The movie is co-produced by Hollywood powerhouses Steven Spielberg and Oprah Winfrey.

The Scarlett Johansson thrilled Lucy placed finished in the No. 5 position, pulling in $9.3 million.

Step Up All In, written by John Swetnam — the same screenwriter behind Into The Storm — flopped with a $6.6 million opening.

The rest of the Top 10 consisted of Hercules ($5.7 million), Get On Up ($5 million), Dawn of the Planet of the Apes ($4.4 million) and Planes: Fire & Rescue ($2.4 million).

James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge 3D, which opened in only 304 theatres, earned a disappointing average of just under $500 per screen.

And the made-in-Toronto romantic comedy What If (titled The F Word outside of the U.S.) starring Daniel Radcliffe managed only $130,000 on 20 screens. It’s set for a wide release on Aug. 22.

Vandalism, looting after vigil for U.S. black teen shot, killed by police – National

WATCH: Uproar in the U.S. over another shooting death of an unarmed black teenager.  Paul Johnson reports on the emotional response and violence that erupted in a St. Louis suburb.

FERGUSON, Mo. – The FBI was investigating possible civil rights violations after a suburban St. Louis police officer fatally shot an unarmed teenager.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

The FBI opened an investigation Monday into possible civil rights violations arising from the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, said Cheryl Mimura, a spokeswoman for the FBI’s St. Louis field office. Police say Brown was shot multiple times Saturday in a scuffle with an officer in Ferguson, a predominantly black suburb. Mimura said the FBI is monitoring the case and working with St. Louis County police.

The killing drew criticism from some civil rights leaders, who referred to the 2012 racially charged shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, an unarmed African-American, by a Florida neighbourhood watch organizer who was acquitted of murder charges. Civil rights leader Rev. Al Sharpton called the shooting “very disturbing” and said he planned to go to Ferguson to meet with the family.

WATCH: Man found guilty after shooting unarmed teenager on his front porch

A candlelight vigil for Brown was held Sunday, and tensions erupted later that night. Nearly three dozen people were arrested after a crowd looted and burned stores, vandalized vehicles and taunted officers.

Mimura noted that the FBI would be investigating such a shooting regardless of the public attention.

Tensions erupted in Ferguson after a candlelight vigil Sunday night. Crowds looted and burned stores, vandalized vehicles and taunted officers who tried to block access to parts of the city. Nearly three dozen people were arrested, though the area was relatively quiet early Monday. Witnesses said the vandals were likely opportunistic outsiders who arrived looking for a chance to steal.

WATCH: Many stores were looted during the protests including a Quiktrip gas station and a sporting goods store, both incidents were caught on camera

“The small group of people are creating a huge mess,” Mayor James Knowles said. “Contributing to the unrest that is going on is not going to help. … We’re only hurting ourselves, only hurting our community, hurting our neighbours.”

Ferguson’s streets were relatively quiet early Monday. Some debris littered the area but crowds had dispersed.

32 people were arrested for various infractions including assault, burglary and theft, authorities said. St. Louis County police spokesman Brian Schellman said two officers suffered minor injuries and that there were no reports of civilians hurt.

WATCH: Angry protests and looting in Ferguson, Missouri on Sunday night after a vigil for a black teen who had shot and killed by police.

Several businesses were looted, including a check-cashing store, a boutique and a small grocery store. People took items from a sporting goods store and a cellphone retailer, and carted rims away from a tire store. Some climbed atop police cars as the officers with riot shields and batons stood stoic nearby, trying to restrict access to the most seriously affected areas.

St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley said there were no reports of injuries as of about 11 p.m. But there were scattered reports of assaults into the very early morning. Authorities said tear gas had been used, but would not immediately confirm media reports of gunfire.

County Police Chief Jon Belmar said that on Saturday, an officer encountered Brown and another man outside an apartment complex in Ferguson. One of the men pushed the officer into his squad car and they struggled. Belmar said at least one shot was fired from the officer’s gun inside the police car. Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said authorities were still sorting out what happened inside the police car. It was not clear if Brown was the man who fought with the officer.

The struggle spilled out into the street, where Brown was shot multiple times. Belmar said the exact number of shots wasn’t known and that all shell casings at the scene matched the officer’s gun. Police were investigating why the officer shot Brown, who police have confirmed was unarmed.

Jackson said the second person has not been arrested or charged and it wasn’t clear if he was armed.

A man leaves a store on Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo. A few thousand people crammed a suburban St. Louis street Sunday night at a vigil for unarmed 18-year-old Michael Brown shot and killed by a police officer, while afterward several car windows were smashed and stores were looted as people carried away armloads of goods as witnessed by an an Associated Press reporter.

AP Photo/St. Louis Post-Dispatch, David Carson

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson told KSDK-TV there’s no video footage of the shooting from the apartment complex, or from any police cruiser dashboard cameras or body-worn cameras that the department recently bought but hasn’t yet put to use.

Jackson said blood samples were taken from Brown and the officer who shot him. Toxicology tests can take weeks to complete.

Earlier Sunday, a few hundred protesters gathered outside Ferguson Police headquarters. Some marched into an adjacent police building chanting “Don’t shoot me” while holding their hands in the air. Officers stood at the top of a staircase, but didn’t use force; the crowd eventually left.

A large crowd gathers at the candlelight vigil, Sunday evening, Aug. 10, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo.

AP Photo/St. Louis Post-Dispatch, J.B. Forbes

Brown’s mother, Lesley McSpadden, said she didn’t understand why police didn’t subdue her high school graduate son with a club or stun gun, and that the officer involved should be fired and prosecuted.

The killing drew criticism from some civil rights leaders, who referred to the 2012 racially charged shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by a Florida neighbourhood watch organizer who was acquitted of murder charges.

“We’re outraged because yet again a young African-American man has been killed by law enforcement,” said John Gaskin, who serves on both the St. Louis County and national boards of directors for the NAACP, the oldest American civil rights group.

©2014The Canadian Press

Stewart crash probe focuses on lighting, track – National

WATCH: Questions surround NASCAR driver Tony Stewart following track death. And as Mike Drolet reports, the tragedy could have ripple effects from the stock car series down to dirt track racing. 

CANANDAIGUA, N.Y. (AP) — The collision was as common as any in racing. Kevin Ward Jr.’s car spun twice like a top, wheels hugging the wall, before it plopped backward on the dimly lit dirt track.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

In a sport steeped with bravado, what happened next was another familiar, but treacherous, move: Wearing a black firesuit and black helmet, the 20-year-old Ward unbuckled himself, climbed out of the winged car into the night and defiantly walked onto the track at Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

He gestured, making his disgust evident with the driver who triggered the wreck with a bump: three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart.

READ MORE: NASCAR’s Tony Stewart pulls out of Sunday race after killing driver

Ward, a relative unknown compared to NASCAR’s noted swashbuckler, was nearly hit by another passing car as he pointed with his right arm in Stewart’s direction. As he confronted Stewart in his passing car, disaster struck.

Ward was standing to the right of Stewart’s familiar No. 14 car, which seemed to fishtail from the rear and hit him. According to video and witness accounts, Ward’s body was sucked underneath the car and hurtled through the air before landing on his back as fans looked on in horror.

VIDEO: Raw video of deadly accident as Tony Stewart struck and killed driver Kevin Ward Jr. WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO

Ward was killed. Stewart, considered one of the most proficient drivers in racing, dropped out of Sunday’s NASCAR race at Watkins Glen, hours after Saturday’s crash. And the sport was left reeling from a tragedy that could have ripple effects from the biggest stock car series down to weeknight dirt track racing.

“There aren’t words to describe the sadness I feel about the accident that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr.,” Stewart said in a statement.

Authorities questioned the 43-year-old Stewart once on Saturday night and went to Watkins Glen to talk to him again Sunday. They described him as “visibly shaken” after the crash and said he was cooperative.

On Sunday, Ontario County Sheriff Philip Povero said that investigators also don’t have any evidence at this point in the investigation to support criminal intent. But he also said that criminal charges have not been ruled out.

The crash raised several questions: Will Ward’s death cause drivers to think twice about on-track confrontations? Did Stewart try and send his own message by buzzing Ward, the young driver, only to have his risky move turn fatal? Or did Ward simply take his life into his own hands by stepping into traffic in a black firesuit on a dark track?

The only one who may have that answer is Stewart.

David S. Weinsten, a former state and federal prosecutor in Miami who is now in private practice, said it would be difficult to prove criminal intent.

“I think even with the video, it’s going to be tough to prove that this was more than just an accident and that it was even culpable negligence, which he should’ve known or should’ve believed that by getting close to this guy, that it was going to cause the accident,” he said.

The sheriff renewed a plea for spectators to turn over photos and videos of the crash. Investigators were reconstructing the accident and looking into everything from the dim lighting on a portion of the track to how muddy it was, as well as if Ward’s dark firesuit played a role in his death, given the conditions.

Driver Cory Sparks, a friend of Ward’s, was a few cars back when Ward was killed.

“The timing was unsafe,” he said of Ward’s decision to get out of his car to confront Stewart. “When your adrenaline is going, and you’re taken out of a race, your emotions flare.”

WATCH: Hometown of Kevin Ward mourns fallen racer’s passing

It’s often just a part of racing. Drivers from mild-mannered Jeff Gordon to ladylike Danica Patrick have erupted in anger on the track at another driver. The confrontations are part of the sport’s allure: Fans love it and cheer wildly from the stands. Stewart, who has a reputation for being a hothead nicknamed “Smoke,” once wound up like a pitcher and tossed his helmet like a fastball at Matt Kenseth’s windshield.

“I’ve seen it many times in NASCAR, where a driver will confront the other one, and a lot of times they’ll try to speed past them. And that’s what it appeared to me as if what Tony Stewart did, he tried to speed past Ward,” witness Michael Messerly said. “And the next thing I could see, I didn’t see Ward any more. It just seemed like he was suddenly gone.”

The crash also raised questions about whether Stewart will continue with his hobby of racing on small tracks on the side of the big-money NASCAR races. He has long defended his participation in racing on tracks like the one where the crash happened, even as accidents and injury have put his day job in NASCAR at risk.

Saturday’s crash came almost exactly a year after Stewart suffered a compound fracture to his right leg in a sprint car race in Iowa. The injury cost him the second half of the NASCAR season and sidelined him during NASCAR’s important Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship. Stewart only returned to sprint track racing last month.

The crash site is the same track where Stewart was involved in a July 2013 accident that seriously injured a 19-year-old driver. He later took responsibility for his car making contact with another and triggering the 15-car accident that left Alysha Ruggles with a compression fracture in her back.

“Everybody has hobbies,” he said last month, adding that “there are a lot of other things I could be doing that are a lot more dangerous and a lot bigger waste of time with my time off do than doing that.”

Greg Zipadelli, competition director for Stewart-Haas Racing, said Stewart felt strongly he should not race after the wreck. Regan Smith replaced him in his car.

“We’re racing with heavy hearts,” Smith said.

AP Auto Racing Writer Jenna Fryer, AP Sports Writer John Kekis and AP Writer David Klepper contributed to this report. Gelston reported from Philadelphia.

©2014The Canadian Press

Toronto Morning: What you need to know today – Toronto

IN THE NEWS…

Police are investigating after four cars were torched in west-end Toronto overnight. Fire crews responded to a car lot on Toro Road near Finch and Keele just after 2:30 a.m. The incident comes after several other cars were set on fire in the Jane and Wilson area early Sunday morning.As it turns out, some fire hydrants in Toronto are more costly than others. Since 2008, cars that parked too close to the hydrant at 393 University Ave. have been ticketed 2,962 times. Those fines add up to $289,620 – more than any other hydrant in the city.Toronto police are investigating two separate stabbing incidents in the city Sunday night. A man was stabbed numerous times at a restaurant on Weston Road near Lawrence Avenue West after 10 p.m. Meanwhile, earlier in the evening, a male in his 20’s was stabbed with non-life threatening injuries just around 6 p.m. Sunday.A tricky rule keeps tripping up thousands of Canadians who make withdrawals from their tax-free savings accounts, and replace the money too early. Some 54,700 taxpayers got warning packages from the Canada Revenue Agency earlier this year about the problem affecting the 2013 taxation year, and were told they face a penalty.Jose Bautista came through, hitting an opposite field single over the head of a drawn in outfield in the 19th to score Munenori Kawasaki as the Blue Jays capped the longest game in team history with a come-from-behind 6-5 win.

WEATHER

Sunny. Increasing cloudiness this afternoon. High 26. UV index 8 or very high.

More on current weather conditions and a 7-day forecast. 

To get real-time weather for your area, download the Global News Skytracker weather app.

TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

Mass Transit: Click for TTC and GO Transit Updates.

Roads: Click for the latest Toronto traffic.

Do you have any suggestions or additions for our Toronto morning roundup? Reach us via email at [email protected]杭州夜网, on 桑拿会所 or on Facebook.