杭州龙凤,杭州桑拿论坛,杭州楼凤夜生活

Powered by Liangn!

May, 2019

Convicted terrorist tweets photo of son holding severed head – National

CANBERRA, Australia – An Australian newspaper on Monday published a photograph of a child it said was the son of an Australian convicted terrorist holding aloft the severed head of a Syrian soldier.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio that the photograph was further evidence of “just how barbaric” the Islamic State group is.

The Australian newspaper reported that the photograph of terrorist Khaled Sharrouf’s son, who was raised in Sydney, was posted on 桑拿会所 by his proud father.

“That’s my boy!” Sharrouf apparently posted beneath the image that was taken in the northern Syrian city of Raqqa, the capital of what has been declared that an Islamic Caliphate by the Islamic State, the newspaper reported.

The child, who is not named, appears to be younger than 10 years old.

Sharrouf used his brother’s passport to leave Australia last year with his wife and three sons to fight in Syria and Iraq. The Australian government had banned him from leaving the country because of the terrorism threat he posed.

He was among nine Muslim men accused in 2007 of stockpiling bomb-making materials and plotting terrorist attacks in Australia’s largest cities, Sydney and Melbourne.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

He pleaded guilty to terrorism offences and was sentenced in 2009 to four years in prison.

Australian police announced last month that they had arrest warrants for Sharrouf and his companion Mohamed Elomar, another former Sydney resident, for “terrorism-related activity.”

They will be arrested if they return to Australia.

The warrants followed photographs being posted on Sharrouf’s 桑拿会所 account showing Elomar smiling and holding the severed heads of two Syrian soldiers.

In June, The Australian newspaper published a photograph of Sharrouf posing among the bodies of massacred Iraqis.

Abbott, who on Monday was in the Netherlands, said he expected Australian C-130 Hercules and C-17 Globemaster military transport planes would join multinational humanitarian efforts this week on Iraq’s Sinjar Mountain.

British officials estimated Saturday that 50,000 to 150,000 people could be trapped on the mountain, where they fled to escape the Islamic extremists, only to become stranded there with few supplies.

“Australia will gladly join the humanitarian airlifts to the people stranded on Mount Sinjar,” Abbott told ABC. “This is a potential humanitarian catastrophe.”

He said Islam State’s quest for a terrorist nation posed “extraordinary problems” for the Middle East and the wider world.

“We see more and more evidence of just how barbaric this particular entity is,” Abbott said.

©2014The Canadian Press

1 in 6 Canadian Forces members reports mental health or alcohol issues: StatsCan – National

TORONTO – One in six Canadian Armed Forces members have reported suffering symptoms associated with selected mental health or alcohol-related disorders, according to a Statistic Canada study published Monday.

About 6,700 full-time regular members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and 1,500 reservists were interviewed from April to August 2013 to collect information about the mental health status and need for mental health services within the Forces.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

Related

  • ‘More than 200’ military members share stories of mental illness: DND

  • Campaign urges soldiers to connect to fight mental illness stigma, suicide

The results of the 2013 Canadian Armed Forces Mental Health Survey found that one in six members reported experiencing symptoms associated with at least one of  the following mental or alcohol disorders in the previous 12 months:  major depressive episode, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, alcohol misuse, and alcohol dependence.

IN-DEPTH: Invisible Wounds – Crisis in the Military

The survey was developed by StatsCan in collaboration with the Department of National Defence (DND).

A look at the most common disorders

According to the CAF website, approximately 15 per cent of regular personnel access mental health services each year. CAF said that although efforts have been made to reduce the time its members wait before seeking care, it remains a problem in the CAF and in the general population.

Depression, or a major depressive episode, was the most common disorder, with eight per cent of full-time regular Forces members meeting the criteria in the 12 months prior to the survey. The disorder is identified “as a period of two weeks or more with persistent depressed mood or loss of interest in normal activities, as well as other symptoms including: decreased energy, changes in sleep and appetite, impaired concentration, feelings of hopelessness, or suicidal thoughts.”

Other results of the survey found:

3 per cent of regular Forces members reported symptoms consistent with PTSD.7 per cent reported symptoms consistent with generalized anxiety disorder.4 per cent reported symptoms consistent with panic disorder.5 per cent admitted to alcohol misuse, while 2 per cent of CF members said they’re dependent on alcohol.

‘Need for mental health support’

In April, Global News spoke with five current and former members of the Canadian Forces, each with post-traumatic stress disorder. Read their stories.

READ MORE: Campaign urges soldiers to connect to fight mental illness stigma, suicide

Veteran advocates have previously spoken out about the urgent need for more mental health and transition support for members of the Canadian Armed Forces and a spate of suicides within the Forces the past year has prompted a lot of public attention on the care and services available to soldiers and their families.

The Canadian Forces Member Assistance Program has a confidential 24/7 toll-free telephone advisory and referral service for all military personnel and their families: 1-800-268-7708. If it is an emergency, call 911.

Earlier this year, more than 200 Canadian military personnel who have suffered a mental health issue and sought care have reportedly come forward to share their stories in a series of online videos for the DND.

  – with files from The Canadian Press

PC leadership candidates call for televised debate

EDMONTON – Progressive Conservative leadership candidates Thomas Lukaszuk and Ric McIver are both calling on their party to support a televised debate.

“We think Albertans deserve a public debate in order that they can be as informed as possible before they pick the next leader of this government,” said McIver.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

“We strongly believe that Albertans deserve to get to know us and see our difference policy alternatives, but most importantly, public debate eliminates the possibility of sending mixed messages to different crowds and different circumstances,” added Lukaszuk.

Read More: Lukaszuk promises new ways to build schools

The two candidates have sent a joint letter to the party, asking to have the debate organized.

Read More: Ric McIver promises balanced budget in 3 years

McIver and Lukaszuk said the issue is the third candidate, Jim Prentice, hasn’t signed the letter.

“Perhaps it’s not as important to him as it is to us that we have this full funded debate,” said McIver. “One of the things that Albertans need to know is what their potential leader is going to say to all Albertans, not a tailored message to a tailored audience.”

“I have been, in a cursory way, involved in the last three leadership prior to this one and every single one had at least one major televised debate,” explained Lukaszuk.

Read More: Alberta Tory candidate Jim Prentice says he would fast-track school construction

PC leadership candidates Thomas Lukaszuk and Ric McIver are calling on the party to hold a televised debate, Monday, August 11, 2014.

Morris Gamblin, Global News

Lukaszuk and McIver said two major television networks have offered to hold a PC leaders debate.

Card-carrying members of the PC party vote for a new leader in September.

Idris Elba battles bulge buzz on social media

TORONTO — Actor Idris Elba addressed the elephant in the room Saturday and put an end to speculation about the size of his…um…ego.

Late last week the British star was the subject of social media buzz after photos of him on the set of his new movie A Hundred Streets appeared online — and showed an impressive bulge in his pants.

On Saturday, Elba took to 桑拿会所 to insist the alleged trouser snake was, in fact, a microphone wire.

“The good news is i got a s*** load of followers,” he tweeted. “The bad news is, that is a mic wire.”

The actor used a hashtag to add that his ego went into “space ship mode.”

No wonder.

Elba, 41, showed he has a sense of humour about the headlines the purported hammer of Thor‘s Heimdall generated.

“Calvin Klein called my mobile, they want me in their next campaign,” he wrote. “Foot long john’s Coming Winter 2014.”

HangZhou Night Net